July 25 & 26, 2017
7:30 am to 1:00 pm each day
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
810 Highland Meadows Drive
Washington PA 15301
Cost: $175.00 per person
RJR Safety Inc. will be conducting an open-enrollment OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Outreach Training course on July 25 & 26, 2017 in Washington PA by The Meadows Casino just off Racetrack Road.
This training program will provide entry level workers with information about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards on a job site. The training covers a variety of general industry (industries other than construction) safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter. The training emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards however all information is based upon OSHA regulations.
Topics to be covered over the 10-hour course will be:
- Introduction to OSHA (incl. Recordkeeping and Inspections)
- Walking and Working Surfaces (incl. fall protection)
- Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication
- Materials Handling (incl. Powered Industrial Trucks)
- Machine Guarding
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Permit-required Confined Spaces
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout)
Participants must attend both days of training to receive the OSHA 10-hour card.
Coffee, tea, and pastries will be provided in the morning.
The Instructor for the course is Wayne Vanderhoof CSP, President of RJR Safety Inc. with more than 25 years of experience in engineering and occupational safety and is an OSHA-Authorized Outreach Instructor.